Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Miracle in Our Food

The miracle of life-giving food continues to amaze me! The fact that my Mom and Dad always said “Eat your vegetables!” should have been enough for me but is it ever for young ones growing up? No. We think we are invincible! Now, I’m not talking about man adulterated food. I’m talking about vegetables, fruits, good meats. There is so much packed into vegetables for the low calories that are in them. Beans for instance, are high in protein but low in fat. They can be very filling when dieting and you also get the satisfaction of how they can lower your cholesterol, stabilize your blood sugar, combat cancer and even help you stay regular. A cup of cooked green beans is only 44 calories. Now I can understand why most nutritionists talk about certain foods having calories that are ‘empty’ calories. If and when you ever have to diet, you seriously have to think about making your calories count!

No comments: