Monday, June 22, 2009

Personal Christmas gifts

Ok, I know this is weird. But I made this video for my grandkids for Christmas. I wanted them to have this with my voice in it and yes, I did the drawings from Microsoft's 'paint'. I wanted something personal and I thought the simpler the drawings were, they could get into it more. Ok, maybe I just can't draw (tee hee) but it sounds good! I made this on Microsoft 'Photo Story 3' and converted it so I could put on a DVD and then I even made a cover for it! Pretty nifty huh? I thought so. I took the story from an old book I had and since I'm not selling it, I felt it would be ok to use it.
Years ago when my oldest daughter was little, I made a Barbie doll suitcase out of an empty tide box. Complete with drawers, hanger rod and hangers. It was a large box and since I knew what I was going to do with it, I cut the door out of the front and put the detergent in another container so the very top where the handle was at would still be in tact. Put contact paper over it, used extra cardboard and made drawers in the bottom of it as you opened the door, put a dowel rod across the top and also made some extra clothes for the doll. It was a Christmas gift, personally from me! For more ideas on making 'kids crafts' click here!

No comments: